Solo Day Trip in Toledo | Photo blog

Toledo, UNESCO heritage site
Toledo is one of those cities that you hear about long before having the chance to visit it for yourself. During my time in Madrid, I decided to venture out of the city and do a day trip to Spain’s old capital city, a nearby town called Toledo which is a UNESCO heritage site and famous for it’s gorgeous buildings. I’ll be writing about my time in Madrid in my next blog post but I thought I would post all of the photos from my time in Toledo first.


Toledo was the perfect solo day trip from Madrid. I was a little nervous to be heading out of the city alone. Especially as I was venturing out to a smaller Spanish town, I had been warned that the people there were less likely to be able to speak English so if I was to really need help with anything, I was pretty much stuck on my lonesome to deal with it. That was not a problem at all though! Many of the locals did not speak English but they were all so friendly and willing to help in any way that they could, even if it required communicating through a game of Charades. Getting to Toledo was also extremely easy. From Madrid’s Atocha Railway Station, there was a train going directly to the small town which only took just over an hour and cost 22 Euros each way.

I spent my time in Toledo doing a whole lot of nothing. I did a lot of wandering around, weaving through the narrow cobblestoned streets and taking in all of the beautiful buildings. I had no particular agenda in mind which is what made the day so enjoyable for me. I honestly didn’t know what to expect from Toledo so going in with no expectations at all meant that Toledo ended up blowing my mind. The town was so beautiful and I just felt like I was in a fairytale the whole time. I had the most amazing day and would recommend Toledo as a day trip destination from Madrid in a heartbeat!

The view out the train window on the way to Toledo









Plaza de Zocodover 



Toledo Cathedral
Toledo Cathedral 

Toledo Cathedral
Toledo Cathedral
Toledo Cathedral
Toledo Cathedral 























0 comments:

Post a Comment